Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yes

YES

I like the way
you slip out
of your things
pausing
between zip and
catch of breath
as if you were
punctuating
a movement; a phrase
of love. God

it cheers me
when you move with purpose: animal
grace and awareness
of the urgency with
which agents
of locomotion take
us from a to z
table to bed and
back to the floor
again: hip hip

Yes, and I love
the way our limbs
construct
a superstructure
to a heavenly
accommodation; cheers

me no end

Hone Tuwhare

Earlier I’ve posted love poems by Roma Potiki and Cilla McQueen. Implicit in both is sexuality, but Hone Tuwhare positively glows about its power. Eros is dynamic, exhuberant and triumphant. Whereas the other earlier two poems are rather sweetly naïve, his is mature, confident, earthy, indeed cocksure.

No comments:

Post a Comment